The Cardano community keeps coming up with more and more achievements every day. Just recently, Charles Hoskinson, the platform’s founder, updated the Cardano community with the ‘good news’ that Cardano (ADA) had gained support from the Trezor Hardware Wallet.
Emurgo is among organizations such as The Cardano Foundation and Input Output Hong Kong (IOHK) that actively aid in the development of Cardano (ADA). It mainly invests in start ups and aids commercial ventures to build on the Cardano blockchain.
To Hoskinson, the importance of Cardano’s update is one that reflects “resiliency” and autonomy in developing features without direction from IOHK, a world-class engineering and technology company that uses p2p innovations to provide financial services to billions of people.
Emurgo was solely responsible for developing the Trezor Wallet integration. This is good news for cryptocurrencies as they can affect prices and also boost mass adoption and it also adds value and trust for the Cardano (ADA) Community.
The community also requested for support from the Ledger Wallet, which just like Trezor, is among the most used and most trusted digital assets wallet. The Ledger support is expected to come in this month after Cardano’s next firmware update 1.5.
Hoskinson is optimistic that efforts to gain Cardano wallet integration will be much easier this year compared to the previous one. He expects additional third party support for Cardano moving out of Q1 this year.
The most useful function of crypto wallets is holding your cryptocurrencies’ keys and the best way to achieve this is through hardware wallet. Software wallets are not considered as safe.
More Cardano Updates to Expect This Year
Hoskinson reviewed a number of updates to be expected on the Cardano platform. These include:
- Advanced User Mode, including a terminal to automate tasks, directly interface the wallet and database along with eventually deploying smart contract
- Haskell ‘portability’ into browser applications
- Firefox Web Browser Support – Haskell code to be 100% usable within the Firefox web browser environment, allowing functions like staking
- Blockchain Utilities – Integrity checker and defragmenter
- Lite-Client – Figuring out optimal way to run a wallet that doesn’t require the entire blockchain to run, and will eventually populate entire blockchain in background
- Hiring full time engineers to work on these projects
- Multi-Signature project to come back in collaboration with Emurgo
- Hope to increase development team size